Regent is a leading Software-as-a-Service provider of financial aid management software solutions with nearly 40 years of industry experience. The company’s web-based, easy-to-use solutions interoperate with established student information systems. Regent provides institutions with improved efficiencies, fewer errors, and enhanced services for students.
Regent’s management solutions are designed and built by, and for, members of the financial aid and enrollment management communities to enable institutions to better craft and execute financial aid and recruitment strategies. Our clients achieve greater efficiencies, reduced errors, and enhanced student experiences, which translate into a positive, measurable Return on Investment within the first year. Regent software automates and streamlines key financial aid processes, such as packaging, awarding, tracking, reporting, and disbursements. Regent’s solutions enable institutions to effectively execute their financial aid and enrollment strategies while enabling the 21st century student to access information anytime, anywhere, via any device, and in any language.
This position is to join the Regent Product Development team which focuses on delivering high-quality products to our customer base using a fast-paced Agile development model. The Development Lead will participate in the design, implementation, and testing of multiple SaaS products geared toward the higher-education market.
- Lead the development of modern front-end web applications including a focus in responsive design;
- Assign tasks and perform code reviews with development team members;
- Design products using the latest tools and methodologies;
- Develop and automate unit tests;
- Develop and support queries and stored procedures using SQL Server;
- Lead and provide guidance in the design and development of functional and technical specifications;
- Provide development leadership to set standards and define best practices for coding and design for other team members;
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with various Regent team members; and
- Address software defects with timely resolution.
Work Experience and Core Competencies
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or relevant work experience
- Experience developing enterprise applications using the .Net Framework, C#, MVC, Node.js, Web Services/Web APIs, and SQL Server
- Agile, Extreme, Kanban, or Scrum experience
- Experience in object-oriented design and development
- Experience with databases, SQL, stored procedures, and reporting
- Experience developing software products with complex business rules and requirements
- Demonstrated ability to work with both technical and non-technical individuals in the development of business systems and providing direction to the development team
- Demonstrable skills in problem solving and working in a fast-paced software development environment
- Must be a team player and have excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and a commitment to quality work
Nice to Have
- Experience with SSO technologies (Azure AD, SAML, Open ID, etc.)
- Knowledge and/or experience with mobile-device application development.
- Experience with Azure
Working at Regent Education
The company allows casual dress and offers a results-based, entrepreneurial work environment. We want the best and brightest who are self-starters and can act to achieve results. We are a team-based culture with a “Can Do” attitude and always strive to exceed expectations. We offer comprehensive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, AD&D, Life, a 401(k) plan with a company match as well as bonuses for exceptional performance. Based in Frederick MD, Regent offers a stress-free reverse commute from the Washington D.C. and Baltimore metropolitan areas.
Regent Education is a drug-free workplace. Applicants should be prepared to provide work-related references.
If this role sounds like you, please email your resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.