IT and SaaS Operations Administrator
Regent is a leading Software-as-a-Service provider of financial aid management software solutions with nearly 40 years of industry experience. The company’s web-based, easy-to-use solutions interoperate with established student information systems. Regent provides institutions with improved efficiencies, fewer errors, and enhanced services for students.
Regent’s management solutions are designed and built by, and for, members of the financial aid and enrollment management communities to enable institutions to better craft and execute financial aid and recruitment strategies. Our clients achieve greater efficiencies, reduced errors, and enhanced student experiences, which translate into a positive, measurable Return on Investment within the first year. Regent software automates and streamlines key financial aid processes, such as packaging, awarding, tracking, reporting, and disbursements. Regent’s solutions enable institutions to effectively execute their financial aid and enrollment strategies while enabling the 21st century student to access information anytime, anywhere, via any device, and in any language.
The IT and SaaS Operations Administrator is a member of the Regent Operations team and participates in the day to day operations of Regent’s SaaS offerings. This hands-on position has responsibility for the successful, continuous operations of our on-demand services including the deployment, management, monitoring, reporting, troubleshooting and repair of production systems. This position works closely with product development to meet or exceed business objectives and assure the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Provides effectiveness and efficiency to SaaS operations and ensures high levels of customer satisfaction are maintained. Ensures the operation is in accordance with established procedures and practices. Works with the team to deliver overall IT day-to-day operations to improve infrastructure costs, performance and end-user satisfaction
- Monitors performance of infrastructure equipment, coordinates equipment installation and delivery schedules. Identified requirements for infrastructure and operation expansion based on current and projected activity
- Adheres to industry best practice policies and procedures (including: incident, problem, change management) to ensure that standardized methods and procedures are used for
efficient and prompt handling of all changes to controlled SaaS infrastructure, in order to
minimize the number and impact of any related incidents on service
- Participates in IT strategy planning activities, bringing a current knowledge and future vision
of infrastructure technology and systems and best practices (e.g., ITIL) as related to the
needs of the business
- Provide problem resolution for infrastructure issues locally at Regent as well as at Regent’s
hosted data center
- Drive resolution of high-severity outages impacting IT infrastructure
- Works with the Operations Team to establish metrics, key performance indicators and
service level agreements for driving the performance of Regent’s SaaS infrastructure
- Maintenance and administration of Windows 2008/2012/2016 server infrastructure
- Maintenance and administration of Windows 7/10 and Mac OS clients
- Maintenance and administration of Microsoft Office 365
- Management of Microsoft Security Patch/Hot Fix installation
- Management of Active Directory including creation and administration of user profiles and
- Maintenance and administration of DNS, IIS, FTP, MSMQ and other network services
- Deployment of ASP.NET web applications and web services to IIS 7
- Maintenance and administration of SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2016 including database
backup/restore, user accounts setup
- Responding to IT related trouble tickets reported in ticketing system and service requests
regarding hardware and software installation, configuration, troubleshooting and
deployment of new software releases
- Responding to server resources monitoring alerts
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining all manners of server hardware and associated
network equipment, including SCSI, RAID, Firewall, Switch, Router, VPN
- Develop, manage and keep up-to-date system configuration and change management
- Maintenance and administration of Linux hosts for JBoss/Tomcat including deployment of
web applications a plus
- Document and provide evidence in support of company’s annual SOC Audit
- Administration of assets within public cloud provider environments, primarily in Microsoft
Work Experience and Core Competencies
- 5 plus years of IT and business/industry work experience
- Experience in SaaS or hosted software solutions is a big plus
- Experience with on-call and 24/7 support
- Demonstrable skills in problem solving and working in a fast-paced product environment
- Must be a team player, and have excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail, and a commitment to quality work
Working at Regent Education
The company allows casual dress and offers a results-based, entrepreneurial work environment. We want the best and brightest who are self-starters and can act to achieve results. We are a team-based culture with a “Can Do” attitude and always strive to exceed expectations. We offer comprehensive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, AD&D, Life, a 401(k) plan with a company match as well as bonuses for exceptional performance. Based in Frederick MD, Regent offers a stress-free reverse commute from the Washington D.C. and Baltimore metropolitan areas.
Regent Education is a drug-free workplace. Applicants should be prepared to provide work-related references.
If this role sounds like you, please email your resume with salary requirements to email@example.com.