Last Revised: October 15, 2018
Collection of Personal Information
Personal Information You Provide Voluntarily. We collect certain information that identifies you, such as names, phone numbers, and email addresses (“personal information”), when voluntarily submitted by you, for example when you request that we contact you. We receive and store any personal information that you choose to enter through the Site, including any submissions that you make or content you provide. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. Should we learn that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete that information from our database.
Personal Information Collected Automatically. We collect certain data when you visit most pages on the Site. Your visit may automatically provide us with data about your computer, such as your IP (Internet Protocol) address, browser type, operating system, domain name, access times, and referring web site addresses. As further described below, some parts of the Site may use embedded pixel or other technologies to track and facilitate your use of the Site, including the activities in which you participate or the pages you view. We use this automated data to obtain general statistics regarding the use of the Site and its specific web pages and to evaluate how our visitors use and navigate the Site on an aggregate basis.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the personal information we collect about you in connection with providing services offered on the Site, including in the following ways:
- For the purpose for which you specifically provided the personal information, for example to respond to a specific inquiry;
- To send you notifications about your accounts or transactions with us and to otherwise contact you with information that we believe will be of interest to you;
- To notify you about our products and services and special offers that may be of interest to you;
- To analyze our business or use of the Site, enhance existing features, or develop new features products and services;
- To allow you access to the Site to post your own content or communicate with others;
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
We may combine the information that we collect from you on the Site with information that we collect from third parties, including our affiliates or subsidiaries.
Sharing with Third Parties
We may share the personal information we collect about you in limited circumstances, including:
- With third-party service providers that perform certain functions on our behalf, including processing personal information that you provide to us on the Site, operating the Site or portions of it, or in connection with the Services or other aspects of our business. These service providers are under contract to protect the security of your personal information;
- With all visitors to the Site, to the extent that you submit information to a portion of the Site designed for public communications;
- With third parties to send you marketing messages regarding products and services that may be of interest to you;
- With our affiliates and subsidiaries;
- In connection with a corporate transaction involving Regent Education;
- In aggregated or another non-personally identifiable form to third parties for various business purposes, including improving the quality of our business, the Site, and the products and services we offer;
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
Your Ability To Choose
You can let us know, at any time and at no cost, that you do not wish us to share your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes or to notify you about our own products and services and special offers by sending us a written request either by email to RegentPrivacy@regenteducation.com including the word "Unsubscribe" in the subject line, or by writing to:
Regent Education Support
340 East Patrick Street, Suite 201
Frederick, MD 21701
You may unsubscribe at any time from our mailing lists using the unsubscribe link included on every marketing email. However, you cannot unsubscribe to transactional or administrative email messages about the status of your account or a product or service that you have requested.
Review and Correction
You may review and update the personal information you have provided to us by contacting us at RegentPrivacy@regenteducation.com or by writing to:
Attn: Privacy Support
340 East Patrick Street, Suite 201
Frederick, MD 21701
We care about protecting the security of your personal information, and we have implemented reasonable and appropriate security procedures to protect the personal information that you provide to us. However, no method of transmitting or storing electronic data is ever completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that such information will never be accessed, used, or released in a manner that is inconsistent with this policy.
Links to Other Web Sites
Transfer of Data Outside of Your Home Country
Users from the European Economic Area
For residents of the European Economic Area (EEA), we advise that your personal information will be transferred to and processed in the United States, which has data protection laws that are different than those in your country and may not be as protective. The United States has not sought nor received a finding of “adequacy” from the European Union under Article 45 of the General Data Protection Regulation. Our legal basis for collecting and using your personal information is to do so either with your consent; where we need the personal information for performance of a contract, or where the collection and use is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect the personal information in question. If we collected your personal Information with your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
By accessing the Site, providing your personal information, sending us an email or completing the “Contact Us” webpage, you expressly and unambiguously agree to such transfer and processing of your personal information in the United States.
Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If we ask you to provide personal information to us to comply with a legal requirement or enter into a contract, we will inform you of this and let you know whether providing us with your personal information is required and if not, the consequences of not sharing your personal information with us.
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our or a third party's legitimate interests and those interests are not already described above, we will let you know what those legitimate interests are.
Residents of the EEA have the right to:
- Access your personal Information;
- Delete, or request deletion of, your personal Information;
- Object to or restrict processing of your personal information;
- Request portability of your personal information;
- Complain to your local data protection authority at any time;
- Object to automated decision making; and
- Update your personal Information.
To withdraw consent or exercise these rights, please contact us via email at RegentPrivacy@regenteducation.com
We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services or information.
If you wish us delete your personal information that we retain, (a “Right to be Forgotten” request) contact us at RegentPrivacy@regenteducation.com. Keep in mind, however, that there may be residual information that will remain within Regent Education databases, access logs and other records, which may or may not contain personally information. The residual information will not be used for commercial purposes, but we may retain and use the it as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to or write us as provided above. We do not honor browser-based Do Not Track signals.
Questions about Data Collection and Processing
You may ask questions about the data you have submitted through this Site by using the information below to contact us.
Changes to This Policy
How You Can Contact Us