Regent is a leading Software-as-a-Service provider of financial aid management software solutions with nearly 40 years of industry experience. The company’s web-based, easy-to-use solutions interoperate with established student information systems. Regent provides institutions with improved efficiencies, fewer errors, and enhanced services for students.
Regent’s management solutions are designed and built by, and for, members of the financial aid and enrollment management communities to enable institutions to better craft and execute financial aid and recruitment strategies. Our clients achieve greater efficiencies, reduced errors, and enhanced student experiences, which translate into a positive, measurable Return on Investment within the first year. Regent software automates and streamlines key financial aid processes, such as packaging, awarding, tracking, reporting, and disbursements. Regent’s solutions enable institutions to effectively execute their financial aid and enrollment strategies while enabling the 21st century student to access information anytime, anywhere, via any device, and in any language.
This individual will play an active hands-on role in all aspects of the system’s implementation lifecycle and provide ongoing systems analysis for existing clients. This individual will work closely with clients, project managers, business analysts, account management, and other subject matter experts, ensuring that Regent Award meets clients’ product utilization expectations. The ideal candidate for this role will have experience as a business analyst/functional analyst within a fast-moving development team or financial aid office. Knowledge in financial aid for higher education is required. Knowledge of Regent Award is preferred.
This position is remote (work from home), with a travel requirement of up to 25%.
- Contribute to Regent’s financial aid discipline by training and coaching on configuration best practices and capabilities, enhancing team knowledge and documentation in both Product Management and Account Management;
- Perform problem analyses on existing client issues so that corrective and timely action can be taken by reviewing the error codes generated by the application system or unexpected results;
- Work with the project implementation team to elicit and document the client’s requirements using document analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analyses;
- Ensure the software is properly configured according to the client’s future-state process and tested properly to ensure that it is operating as expected;
- Conduct thorough research activities to ensure that the functional and competitive requirements are being met to confirm that the software is functioning per the requirements;
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with clients to analyze information needs and functional requirements;
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously; and
- Serve as Regent’s conduit between the financial aid community, client community (internal and external clients) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
Work Experience and Core Competencies
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret client business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements in the financial aid industry
- Work experience as part of a financial aid office in higher education
- Experience with system configuration and data conversion with primary external applications and solutions
- Experience working with clients in a collaborative development environment
- Background working with complex business systems and integration projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, developers, and other subject matter experts
- Skilled in diagnosing and identifying system-related problems and should possess excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong work ethic and a definite team player attitude, with a deep commitment to client satisfaction
- Ability to prioritize work when managing multiple projects and be comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment
- Task oriented, a quick thinker, and able to maintain complete confidentiality of the company's critical data
- Comfort training groups of users on the system’s functionality
- Results-oriented and possessing a record of success in meeting deadlines
Working at Regent Education
The company allows casual dress and offers a results-based, entrepreneurial work environment. We want the best and brightest who are self-starters and can act to achieve results. We are a team-based culture with a “Can Do” attitude and always strive to exceed expectations. We offer comprehensive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, AD&D, Life, a 401(k) plan with a company match as well as bonuses for exceptional performance. Based in Frederick MD, Regent offers a stress-free reverse commute from the Washington D.C. and Baltimore metropolitan areas.
Regent Education is a drug-free workplace. Applicants should be prepared to provide work-related references.
If this role sounds like you, please email your resume with salary requirements to email@example.com.