.Net Software Engineer
Regent Education is the leading Software-as-a-Service provider of independent, highly automated financial aid management software solutions supporting diverse enrollment models for higher education institutions in the U.S. Backed by leading ed-tech venture investors, Regent’s web-based, easy-to-use solutions interoperate with established student information systems to provide institutions with improved efficiencies, fewer errors, new program growth opportunities, and enhanced financial aid services for students.
Regent’s management solutions are designed and built by, and for, members of the financial aid and enrollment management communities to enable institutions to better craft and execute financial aid, program growth, enrollment management, and financial aid counseling strategies. Regent’s solutions are deployed at 20% of the top 50 online institutions in the country, powering more than $2.5BB in highly automated financial aid disbursements annually.
This position is to join the Regent Product Development team, which focuses on delivering high-quality products to our customer base using a fast-paced Agile development model. The .Net Software Engineer will participate in the design, implementation, and testing of multiple SaaS products geared toward the higher education market.
Specifically, s/he will:
- Develop web-based enterprise applications using the .Net Platform and SQL Server;
- Design and develop products using the latest techniques, methodologies, and tools (g., SQL Server Integration Services, Stored Procedures, C#.Net, ASP.Net, Web Services);
- Develop and automate unit tests;
- Develop queries and stored procedures within SQL Server 2008/2016;
- Contribute feedback and guidance to the development of functional and technical specifications;
- Address software defects with timely resolution;
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with various Regent team members; and
- Think outside the box and have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be part of a highly talented development.
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or relevant work experience
- Significant experience in the complete software development lifecycle of business-focused software
- Agile, Extreme, Scrum experience preferred
- Experience in object-oriented design and development
- Experience with databases, stored procedures, reporting, etc.
- Experience developing software products with complex business rules and requirements
- Demonstrated ability to work with both technical and non-technical individuals in the development of business systems and providing direction to the development team
- Demonstrable skills in problem solving and working in a fast-paced software development environment
- Must be a team player and have excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and a commitment to quality work
Nice to Have
- Experience with Financial Aid Services/Title IV a plus
- Experience with Azure
- Experience with SaaS product development
Working at Regent Education
At Regent Education, we partner with higher education to unlock financial resources for aspiring students. We focus on alignment with our university-partners’ values and goals, and we celebrate the outcomes that our platform enables for their students.
We’re a venture-backed SaaS company headquartered in Frederick, MD, that has championed (both pre- and post-Covid) a remote-friendly AND efficient distributed team culture and capabilities.
No job is too big or too small for anyone in the company. It is a team approach, and all levels of the organization collaborate together.
Collectively, our professionals have hundreds of years of experience in financial aid and higher education enterprise system development and deployment.
We provide comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, LTD, STD, AD&D and Life insurances as well as a 401k match and FSA/HSA options.
Regent Education is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. Regent Education is a drug-free workplace. Applicants should be prepared to provide work-related references.
If this role sounds like you, please email your resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.