Senior Business Analyst
Regent is a leading Software-as-a-Service provider of financial aid management software solutions with nearly 40 years of industry experience. The company’s web-based, easy-to-use solutions interoperate with established student information systems. Regent provides institutions with improved efficiencies, fewer errors, and enhanced services for students.
Regent’s management solutions are designed and built by, and for, members of the financial aid and enrollment management communities to enable institutions to better craft and execute financial aid and recruitment strategies. Our clients achieve greater efficiencies, reduced errors, and enhanced student experiences, which translate into a positive, measurable Return on Investment within the first year. Regent software automates and streamlines key financial aid processes, such as packaging, awarding, tracking, reporting, and disbursements. Regent’s solutions enable institutions to effectively execute their financial aid and enrollment strategies while enabling the 21st century student to access information anytime, anywhere, via any device, and in any language.
The Senior Business Analyst will play a key client-facing role in all aspects of the system’s implementation lifecycle and some aspects of the software development lifecycle. As a member of a project team, this individual will work closely with clients, project managers, functional analysts, account management, and other subject matter experts, ensuring that Regent Award meets clients’ product utilization expectations. The ideal candidate for this role will have experience as a business analyst/business systems analyst within a fast-paced development team or financial aid office, with experience documenting high-level business and functional product requirements. Knowledge in financial aid for higher education is required. Knowledge of Regent Award is preferred.
This position is remote (work from home), with a travel requirement of up to 25%.
- Elicit and document requirements using document analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analyses;
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs;
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal clients to analyze information needs and functional requirements;
- Serve as Regent’s conduit between the financial aid community, client community (internal and external clients), and the software development team through which requirements flow;
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language;
- Collaborate with developers and other subject matter experts to establish the product vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs;
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously; and
- Contribute to Regent’s Business Analysis discipline by training and coaching on business analysis best practices and capabilities, enhancing team knowledge and documentation in both Product Development and Services (implementation) teams.
Work Experience and Core Competencies
- Strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret client business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements in the financial aid industry
- Work experience as part of a financial aid office in higher education
- Experience with system configuration and data conversion with primary external applications and solutions
- Experience working with clients in a collaborative development environment
- Background working with complex business systems and integration projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, developers, and other subject matter experts
- Strong work ethic and a definite team player attitude, with a deep commitment to client satisfaction
- Ability to prioritize work across multiple projects and be comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment
- Comfortability facilitating and training groups of users on the system functionality
- Results-oriented and possessing a record of success in meeting deadlines
Working at Regent Education
The company allows casual dress and offers a results-based, entrepreneurial work environment. We want the best and brightest who are self-starters and can act to achieve results. We are a team-based culture with a “Can Do” attitude and always strive to exceed expectations. We offer comprehensive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, AD&D, Life, a 401(k) plan with a company match as well as bonuses for exceptional performance. Based in Frederick MD, Regent offers a stress-free reverse commute from the Washington D.C. and Baltimore metropolitan areas.
Regent Education is a drug-free workplace. Applicants should be prepared to provide work-related references.
If this role sounds like you, please email your resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.