Senior Project Manager
Regent is a leading Software-as-a-Service provider of financial aid management software solutions with nearly 40 years of industry experience. The company’s web-based, easy-to-use solutions interoperate with established student information systems. Regent provides institutions with improved efficiencies, fewer errors, and enhanced services for students.
Regent’s management solutions are designed and built by, and for, members of the financial aid and enrollment management communities to enable institutions to better craft and execute financial aid and recruitment strategies. Our clients achieve greater efficiencies, reduced errors, and enhanced student experiences, which translate into a positive, measurable Return on Investment within the first year. Regent software automates and streamlines key financial aid processes, such as packaging, awarding, tracking, reporting, and disbursements. Regent’s solutions enable institutions to effectively execute their financial aid and enrollment strategies while enabling the 21st century student to access information anytime, anywhere, via any device, and in any language.
This position is to join the Regent Delivery team that focuses on the configuration and implementation of Regent’s solutions. Specifically, s/he will:
- Follow the standard Project Management Professional (PMP) methodology to serve as Project Management lead for Regent’s software implementation projects;
- Leverage Financial Aid industry experts to define and guide the customer requirements and configuration of Regent’s financial aid management solutions;
- Define and document key customer financial aid business concepts for systems analysts and the development team for each customer implementation;
- Utilize core project and implementation management processes for the successful delivery of Regent’s products;
- Elicit and document customer requirements and business processes using document analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis;
- Manage risks and issues during the implementation process;
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements;
- Successfully manage multiple initiatives simultaneously;
- Develop implementation plans according to standard templates using natural language; Collaborate with customers’ IT department, financial aid team members and subject matter experts to implement Regent’s software according to agreed-upon milestones and deliverables; and
- Actively participate in the customers’ system acceptance process by providing customer test plans and test scenarios as needed.
Work Experience and Core Competencies
- 5+ years’ work experience desired.
- PMP (or other) Project Management certification/training (preferred)
- Experience with software systems’ implementation lifecycle
- Background working with complex business systems and integration projects
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and a team-player attitude with a deep commitment to customer satisfaction
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements in the financial aid industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, developers and other subject matter experts
- Results oriented with a record of success in meeting deadlines
- Ability to travel 25-35%
Working at Regent Education
The company allows casual dress and offers a results-based, entrepreneurial work environment. We want the best and brightest who are self-starters and can act to achieve results. We are a team-based culture with a “Can Do” attitude and always strive to exceed expectations. We offer comprehensive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, AD&D, Life, a 401(k) plan with a company match as well as bonuses for exceptional performance. Based in Frederick MD, Regent offers a stress-free reverse commute from the Washington D.C. and Baltimore metropolitan areas.
Regent Education is a drug-free workplace. Applicants should be prepared to provide work-related references.
If this role sounds like you, please email your resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.