Technical Services Consultant
Regent Education is the leading Software-as-a-Service provider of independent, highly automated financial aid management software solutions supporting diverse enrollment models for higher education institutions in the U.S. Backed by leading ed-tech venture investors, Regent’s web-based, easy-to-use solutions interoperate with established student information systems to provide institutions with improved efficiencies, fewer errors, new program growth opportunities, and enhanced financial aid services for students.
Regent’s management solutions are designed and built by, and for, members of the financial aid and enrollment management communities to enable institutions to better craft and execute financial aid, program growth, enrollment management, and financial aid counseling strategies. Regent’s solutions are deployed at 20% of the top 50 online institutions in the country, powering more than $2.5BB in highly automated financial aid disbursements annually.
The Technical Services Consultant will play a key role in the integration and data conversion of multiple SaaS products geared toward the higher education market. This individual will act as a key shareholder in client relationships, interface during the implementation period to ensure effective communication with project expectations, and attend in-person meetings during project delivery. Specifically, this individual will:
- Travel to client sites to lead and guide solutions for technology implementations of the Regent software platform, including client specifications, data conversion, ETL file processes, system configuration, SSO, Web API’s, and Web Services;
- Lead requirements and technical discussions in front of clients, including technical specifications, business process review and impact, and solution design;
- Provide technical guidance and support to staff and clients, serving as a technical liaison to clearly facilitate and translate specifications between business and technical staff;
- Generate clear diagrams, specifications, and other artifacts needed for client integrations;
- Be able to distinguish between urgent/important tasks and prioritize accordingly as well as have the ability to shift focus as priorities change;
- Assist with creation of Statements of Work, work estimates, etc.;
- Develop SQL queries and scripts, C#, and ETL, as needed; and
- Generate timely status reports and project summaries for clients and project managers.
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or relevant work experience
- Significant client technical consulting experience, including analysis, design, and support of integrations and/or software
- Ability and desire to travel to client locations up to 75%
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with a broad range of technology and platforms, with a proven ability to quickly learn and adapt to new frameworks, platforms, systems, and technologies
- Experience with B2B data integrations, including ETL and Web Services
- Experience leading discussions with both business and technical staff to analyze and determine solution design, processes, and requirements
- Experience working collaboratively to white board solutions in front of a group
- Strong analysis, problem solving, and critical dynamic thinking skills
- Working experience with .Net, C#, SQL, SQL Server, and XMHL
At Regent Education, we partner with higher education to unlock financial resources for aspiring students. We focus on alignment with our university-partners’ values and goals, and we celebrate the outcomes that our platform enables for their students.
We are a venture-backed SaaS company headquartered in Frederick, MD, that has championed (both pre- and post-Covid) a remote-friendly AND efficient distributed team culture and capabilities.
No job is too big or too small for anyone in the company. It is a team approach, and all levels of the organization collaborate.
Collectively, our professionals have hundreds of years of experience in financial aid and higher education enterprise system development and deployment.
We provide comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, LTD, STD, AD&D and Life insurances as well as a 401k match and FSA/HSA options.
Regent Education is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Regent Education is a drug-free workplace. Applicants should be prepared to provide work-related references.
If this role sounds like you, please email your resume with salary requirements to [email protected].